Despite data from IDG Research Services showing that 58% of data still resides in non-cloud environments, it would seem hybrid-clouds will rule the foreseeable future; IDC predicts that 80% of organisations expect to use some form of hybrid-cloud by the end of this year.
IT infrastructures are evolving and are no longer static entities marked by predictable growth. Forrester Research says hybrid-clouds are gaining widespread market adoption because they leverage existing IT resources while integrating into public and private cloud environments. They enable you to:
- Retain greater visibility over your data.
- Improve the customer experience.
- You’re three times more likely to achieve your business goals. (IDG Research Services)
Hybrid-cloud: Jekyll and Hyde
The beauty of hybrid-cloud storage is that it leverages the power of cloud while recognising, and working, with its limitations. Effective hybrid-cloud storage combines all elements in your IT infrastructure to create greater overall value, better performance and cost-savings.
The problem with today’s hybrid-clouds is that they are a mix of isolated, incompatible data silos, which can make moving data from one cloud to another difficult. Analysis from IDG Research suggests 78% of cloud users say it’s critical or extremely important to manage data across multiple clouds.
So what can you do?
Data Fabric makes hybrid-cloud work
Enabled by NetApp, Data Fabric seamlessly connects different environments across disparate clouds and on-premise solutions. It creates the best IT environment for your business, allowing you to innovate without constraints across your choice of hybrid cloud resources.
Enable your hybrid-cloud through Data Fabric to:
- Benefit from common data services across your choice of resources.
- Leverage the value of your data no matter where it resides.
- Move data from one cloud to another, with ease.
- Gain the data control and choice to realise the full potential of the hybrid-cloud.
NetApp’s Data Fabric customers are testament to the benefits it provides:
- 100x increase in IT execution speed.
- Disaster recovery without a data centre.
- 100% of backup data in the cloud.